Sometimes I Wake Up in The Middle of The Night... 3





Sometimes I Wake Up
by Kathleen Leisure
Pg. 5

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I feel so depressed. Everyone in the house is asleep. I feel like I'm all alone in the world. Outside, the city is dark and desolate. The streetlights make the pavement glow and everything looks sort of unreal. Once in awhile a car goes whizzing by. I want to do something, anything, to break the monotony of the night.

I try to go back to sleep, but I can't. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to go on. Waking up every day at the crack of dawn, riding on the bus where I'm pushed and shoved and all the people around me have cold and empty eyes. Going to school where I rush from one class to another feeling alone and confused. 

Sometimes in the morning I wake up with hope and I think maybe today something will change. But now the night, as inevitable as death, engulfs me, and I wonder: Is there anyone out there, anyone at all, who is awake and feeling what I am?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2010 カラフルな羽 (Colorful Feathers) All Rights Reserved

Design by Dzignine